Friday, November 16, 2007

What are you Thankful for?

In a world where we have been so greatly blessed, it is sometimes hard to remember to be thankful. It is the time of year when our country will normally stop to take stock of what we have to be thankful for in our lives. But, I want to take a different approach this year. I want to not just be thankful for the good things, but those things in our lives that might at first glance make us feel like we are in Holland. (Thank you Michelle McClanahan for such a wonderful analogy!) I am going to list my things, and if you feel up to it you can give us yours too. So here goes.

Easy things to be thankful for...
Tim - You can't imagine how easy it is to be married to this guy!
Claire and Brock - They make being a mom the best thing ever! Hectic but wonderful!
My Family - It has been amazing being raised by such wonderful people. Randy and Sheila have always given me the joy of knowing that I am a part of something special. Ben, Vanesa, and all of the nieces and nephews have only made our family more complete than we could ever be without them.
My Friends- Never has there been a more special group of people that I call my friends. You guys all bring such unique things into my life, and I am more grateful for all of you than you could ever know.
PV - Do you ever go somewhere out of town and think "HOW do people spiritually survive here?" How awesome is it that we have our church? We are spoiled and God just keeps blessing us more every week!

Things that might look like Holland:
Claire's Developmental Delays - God works in mysterious ways! It is always amazing to me how God has taken something that has been so heartbreaking, difficult and at times maddening only to make it into something beautiful. To look back over these past few years and seeing the ways that God has revealed himself in our family is so fascinating. He has led us to places that I never would have chosen to go, but am daily amazed at his goodness. He has given me a ministry that a few years ago I would have never seen myself in. In his miraculous ability, he has even made me into a softer, more compassionate person along the way. Praise be to God for his wisdom!

Hard Time in the Construction Industry - Most of you know that Tim works for my Dad in his construction company. For the past few years, our business has not been what it once was, to say the least. Through this God has shown us repeatedly that he is in control, and will always grant us our "daily bread". He has also taught me to be content with "daily bread", and to always rely on him.

Health Issues - This year has not been the worst with my health that I have had to say the least, but it also has not been my best. It has made me aware of how blessed we are to have such amazing medical care in this country. It has also made me be so thankful for the times when I do feel good and prayerful for those who don't.

Okay, so this blog is getting lengthy so I will stop. Have a great Thanksgiving week. Be aware of all things in your lives, even the glimpses of Holland, and be thankful.

Love Ya Muggers!
Jill

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1. Jesus
2. my Pop
3. my faith

trustNjesus, dear.
ALWAYS.
God bless your indelible soul.